Saturday, May 9, 2009

40 X 40 - 3 Down 37 To Go!!!

So, the MiniMarathon is finally over and I'm officially 3 races closer to my goal of 40 races by the time I turn 40, which IS still far away - thank you very much!  If all of my training runs would have been races, I'd be at my goal by now.  (I'm trying not to be bitter that my 12 mile runs, 10 mile runs, 8 mile runs, etc. counted for nothing towards my goal.)  More importantly though, I've learned to actually enjoy running and now find myself itching to get out there.  

My race times weren't the best, but I achieved one of my goals by finishing the race without walking; thanks to my friends cheering me on the last 1/2 mile!  I officially count this race as the biggest physical athletic achievement in my life... I wonder what will come next?


No comments: