Sunday, December 23, 2007

Blessed Opportunity!

As my photography business continues to boom and I meet other photographers in the area I realize a difference between myself and others.  Many start from the bottom and work their way up not knowing what to expect or even where to begin.  I, on the other hand, was fortunate enough to start at the top.

This past summer I was blessed with the opportunity to spend a week in Santa Barbara, California, with my new friend and one of the top wedding photographers in the world, David Jay.  Being able to spend a week with him to ask every question I could think of was definitely helpful, but nothing compared to the hands-on experience of shooting a wedding with him in Chicago on my way back home.  In just five years, DJ went from a budding photographer shooting a wedding for a friend to one of the top in the world.  He is truly amazing and I can honestly say that starting at the top next to him has allowed me to have the confidence and vision that I have today.

No comments: