Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April is Donate Life Month!!!

This is a special month for me personally in many ways. Besides my own birthday and my daughter's birthday (amongst other family members' birthdays), April represents my dad's birthday for a second life. Seven years ago, my family received the most important gift ever in our lives... a new liver for my dad! After the pain of watching my dad suffer both physically and mentally, the loss of one family's loved one became a new life to our family.

Although my dad is no longer with us on Earth, I am forever grateful to the donor and their family for the four best years of his life and the blessing that it has been for me. To this day, the donor has been anonymous to me and my family. It is because of donors like ours, that I am able to have memories to last a lifetime and pass on to my children. It is because of others out there, like YOU, that other families can be blessed with a gift that could literally change their lives forever.

National Donate Life Month was established in 2003. Every day in April, people across the U.S. make a special effort to celebrate the tremendous generosity of those who have saved lives by becoming organ, tissue, marrow, and blood donors and to encourage more Americans to follow their fine example.

Celebrate April and National Donate Life Month by taking the time to help others in need! For more information, click HERE!

No comments: