Thursday, September 1, 2011

NFL HALL OF FAME Induction Ceremonies

This year the NFL Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony was exciting to me cause of the induction of Richard Dent, DE for the 1985 Chicago Bears! I grew up wanting to be like him since that was the same position I played in high school. I was like a kid in a candy store excited to see him and a few teammates in person. When I saw the owner, Virginia McCaskey - owner of Da Bears and daughter of Papa Bear George Halas, I couldn't resist meeting her. A fragile aged woman, she shined Bears pride and has a heck of a grip! I introduced myself and told her how I grew up hoping to play for her some day. When she looked at my camera around my neck, I admitted to her that that dream never came true. She entertained my conversation for a few moments and introduced me to her family standing near by. Another highlight in my life!

Well, my focus for this event was Shannon Sharpe and Deion Sanders. It was a blast having the access I had and being around all my childhood heroes! Below are just a few of my favorites from the night. It ended with Nelly and Snoop Dogg performing at a private party for Deion and Marshall Faulk. What a night!!!