Tuesday, February 10, 2009

40 X 40 - 2 Down 38 To Go!!!

A handful of months ago, I posted about a goal I made to compete in 40 races by the time I turn 40.  Fortunately, I still have just under 7 years to complete it.  This past weekend, I came one step closer!!!  Crazy me signed up for the mini-marathon, here in Indy, for my first time.  I've heard it's a little bit further than my previous longest race of 5 miles in 7th grade!  To be prepared, I also signed up for a training team (I even caught myself training for the training).

This past weekend was race #2, a 5K that is part of the training series.  As you can tell by my time below, I still have a ways to go.  Baby steps!  Baby steps!

P.S.  If you're that walker that passed me... vengeance will be mine!  (If I can catch you!)




No comments: