Friday, February 27, 2009

This Is Too Cool!

As I train for my first mini-marathon, I've been trying to keep track of my miles and times along the way.  I have this app on my iPhone call RunKeeper; it uses GPS to track my fitness and then saves it on their site.  When I log in to see the stats for a run, this is what I see.  It's fun cause I can drag the mouse along the bottom graph and watch the little blue dot move on the map to show where I was at that speed and elevation.

The past two weeks I've been running 5 miles on my "long" runs, which ties the furthest I've ever ran consecutively.  Sadly, it was when I was in middle school running a Popcorn Panic up in Valparaiso where I grew up.  Well, today I shattered that record with a whopping 6.2 miles!  (Baby steps... Baby steps...)  My goal was just to finish the 6 miles and I had a great game plan.  I ran the first half as far away from my home so that way I had no choice but to finish the 6 miles on the way back.  The best thing about it was that I felt that I could have ran another 2-4 miles.  I figured I better be safe and just achieve my goal (which I actually exceeded by .20 miles, thank you very much!!!)  =)  

My training schedule has me running 7 & 8 miles in the next few weeks, so I look forward to scoring some new personal highs.  Hopefully I make it back to post about it!  =)

No comments: