Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2010 REGGIE WAYNE'S WISHING ON STARS

This was my second year in a row that I've been fortunate enough to be a part of Reggie Wayne's Wishing on Stars event. Each year, I have been AMAZED by the generosity of those that come out to support such a worthy cause, as well as the athletes and local celebrities that take the time to be a part of something bigger. I must admit that I'm extremely impressed with Reggie! In a nutshell, the night consists of players from both the Colts & Pacers and local celebrities walking around auctioning off some very entertaining moments. Whether it's a LARGE donation for a simple autograph, or phone call to a friend/family member, or - my favorite - last year's Roy Hibbert singing "This Little Light of Mine", the night is filled with energy, laughter, and awe as people so generously donate to support the United Way of Central Indiana.

Okay, so what impresses me about Reggie is the way he makes everyone feel like a personal friend. I've had the opportunity to meet some pretty well known athletes and celebrities from different events I've shot, and only a few of them display the sincerity like Reggie Wayne. While others from the event slowly make their way to the Monday Night Football game on at the bar, Reggie is walking around to each and every attendee taking the time for a quick autograph or snapshot long after the event has ended. A great cause AND a great guy! (This coming from a Bears fan!)

Below are a few of my favorite pics from the night. Be sure to check out the slideshow for more! AND if you're ever downtown looking for a place to eat, it's hard to beat Mo's - A Place for Steak!

REGGIE WAYNE
JOSEPH ADDAI

ROY HIBBERT & CHRIS LYTLE


ROBERT MATHIS & GARY BRACKETT
DONALD BROWN & DAVE CALABRO
CHRIS LYTLE & RANDY COUTURE
REGGIE & ME


No comments: