Monday, August 3, 2009

Deyl & DJ in Santa Barbara


While in LA for the ESPY’s Pre-Party, I also celebrated the two year anniversary of the birthing of my photography business with my friends Deyl Kearin and David Jay! It was two years ago when I came to Santa Barbara after reading The Four Hour Work Week to brainstorm ideas with Deyl, a great “out of the box” thinker. He introduced me to his best friend DJ (David Jay), a heck of an entrepreneur and not a bad photographer, who let me ask every question possible about photography and shoot with him at a wedding in Chicago on my way back home at the end of the week. This newly gained wisdom and hands-on experience with DJ sparked the beginning of my official business. To celebrate this anniversary, I spent some time in Santa Barbara and went out to eat with them for some great Indian food! I’m thankful to them for continuing to encourage my vision and even more excited seeing first hand how their visions are being lived out.

Deyl is at an exciting stage of life as he has recently witnessed a true miracle in the birth of his daughter, his first child. It was fun to have a good laugh thinking back on those days seven years ago for me! (Deep thought…Wow! My daughter is 7! Man, I’m old!) DJ has some sweet stuff going on with his “ShowIt” business and the programs he designed to help photographers. Check out his stuff and even get a free website that is above and beyond anything else out there available. What’s great is that more than photographers are using it to promote their business.

No comments: